CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote operation entirely through IP?

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote operation entirely through IP?
From: "Tim Makins, EI8IC" <contesting@eircom.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:31:10 +0100
Thanks for a fascinating email, Richard. I hope you will write an article on
this for QST someday soon.

This raises the interesting possibility of someone setting up a station in
whatever exotic DX location, and renting the operating to anyone on the web.
It would also allow almost any licensed ham to be a guest operator at your,
or anyone else's station. No doubt the peanut gallery will have plenty to
say about this....

73s Tim EI8IC
www.mapability.com/ei8ic
Ham Map Heaven. Contest Resources.