CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Opinions on filters for TS 850

To: "Mike and Alicia Fanning" <fanning@hiwaay.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Opinions on filters for TS 850
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 14:37:59 -0500
Give the first IF the wider filter, the second IF the narrower. (Otherwise,
there's no use using both at once...)

As for the third slot, I'd suggest something like the INRAD 1.8 khz SSB
filter.

I know you don't use SSB much, but it will come in handy on CW for those
times when even 500 is too narrow. (400 is the nearest BW for INRAD filters)
If you go with INRAD filters, you'll be amazed at how much they make the
Slope Tuning controls sing!

This isn't a paid shill for INRAD, but I think if you ask anyone who's tried
them, they are vastly superior than, and about the same price as, Kenwood
units. The 400s work so well that I'd suggest ordering the 400 first and
trying it before deciding to order the 250.

You can find International Radio at www.qth.com/inrad

73, kelly
ve4xt