CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Two Keyboard

To: <sbloom@acsalaska.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Two Keyboard
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 04:10:44 -0400
Steve, Great news on the KL7RA work.

Relative to SO2R set up.  I would ask - whats the purpose?  I think you will
find that it is a very small number of very dedicated and skilled SO2R ops
that use 2 keyboards and screens.  And if the point is to attract visiting
ops, is one of them going to decide not t come because you don't have it set
up that way?  I doubt it if they were serious about coming.  Most would be a
lot more concerned about the radios and antennas than this question.

On the other hand, if your set up is too sophisticated, I think you may find
that it could scare less high end SO2R ops away.

73

Ed  N1UR