CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] 2010 IARU Pre-checking your log...

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2010 IARU Pre-checking your log...
From: "Jorge Diez - CX6VM" <cx6vm.jorge@adinet.com.uy>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:26:09 -0300
Good points,

Thanks to all.!

73,
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

-----Mensaje original-----
De: cq-contest-bounces@contesting.com
[mailto:cq-contest-bounces@contesting.com] En nombre de k3bu@optimum.net
Enviado el: Martes, 13 de Julio de 2010 10:26 p.m.
Para: Jorge Diez - CX6VM
CC: cq-contest@contesting.com
Asunto: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2010 IARU Pre-checking your log...

> And why do you think the top stations prioritized the CW QSO´s?
> Because of
> the low power used?
>
> 73,
> Jorge
> CX6VM/CW5W

>From my last WRTC experience (2000) problem with SSB was that bands are
filled with kW/stacked beams HQ stations perpetual CQing their heads off,
leaving little room for little FD WRTC stations to get decent frequency for
runs. (1 stn/2 kHz)
CW with low power and narrower bandwidth can still get decent runs (5 stns/1
kHz)
IARU is turning into HQ's contest.

73 Yuri K3BU.us