CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Pro sis tel rotors

To: "'Mike Kasrich'" <aj9c@indy.rr.com>,"'cq-contest'" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Pro sis tel rotors
From: "Carsten Esch" <carsten.esch@appello.de>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:14:07 +0100
Hi Mike,

how old is the rotator and what model is it? We are distributing ProSisTel
here in Germany and for quite some time there is special 'silicon grease'
used in the rotators at least good to -30°C or so ... We have sold quite
some of these rotators to a commercial project in the artic region ...

If the rotator is 'very old' it might be worth to exchange the 'normal
grease' with silicone grease.

Another possibility might be that very humid air froze the 'whole rotator'
from the outside?

Regards,

Carsten, DL6LAU