CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] recording contests

To: "Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] recording contests
From: "Rich K2WR" <k2wr@njdxa.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:51:43 -0500
As consensus seems to be developing here for the idea of recording contest
audio for future reference, some of our higher-tech participants question the
relevance of magnetic tape technology in this regard, while others disclaim
technology entirely, in fact virtually swearing that they can't, won't, and
never will, resort to computer logging, relying instead on paper (no doubt
hand-ruled), and pencils (only mechanically sharpened).  I'm sure these
individuals only utilize radio equipment of a corresponding level of technology.

Therefore I assume our contest operators include Russians using Orion II's and
Elecraft K-3's to transmit and USB memory sticks to record, along with
Americans using UW3DI transceivers to transmit, and 78-rpm record cutters to
record.

Rich