CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX Report

To: "'CQ-Contest MailList'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX Report
From: "Mike Clarson" <mclarson@rcc.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 18:31:44 -0400

Mal: I think the issue is 2X1 calls do not stand out. Also, with the
proliferation of vanity calls and special DX calls, Prefix multipliers are
not that hard to get, and certainly not waiting through a pileup for! Now my
call (WV2ZOW) sometimes attracts some attention in recent Prefix contests
and, I do get some comments at other times, probably because it is unique.
Not because of the "rare" prefix. Now back in the early 80's, before all the
different prefixes, I remember being in a Prefix contest and my call was
worth maybe 10 dB! Not so any more.

Maybe there should be a contest where every station is a multiplier. Score:
Number of stations squared.--Mike Clarson, WV2ZOW