CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Wire Coiling for the impatient ?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Wire Coiling for the impatient ?
From: wt4i@brevard.net (Bruce Lifter)
Date: Sat Jan 27 09:33:15 2001
I started using wire with an outside cover (pvc). Bare copper
stranded wire tends tangle too easily. If you use coated wire,
the velocity factor changes and you will need slightly less wire
for the antenna.

To wind for storage, I tape one end to form a loop of the diameter of
the coil wanted. I then coil the wire sort of end of end, rolling the
wire onto the outside of the loop. Once all the wire is rolled, I
tape the loop in four places using electrical tape. Once brought out
of storage, I remove the tape and uncoil the wire end over end
again staring from the loose end.

73, Bruce WT4I

--
wt4i@wt4i.com