CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Re: Headset Mic vs. Boom Mic

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Headset Mic vs. Boom Mic
From: sean@k8khz.com (Sean-K8KHZ)
Date: Mon Sep 30 16:51:25 2002
what is being missed is the simple fac tthat you can pick out stations that
are weaker in the headset and you can hear more disticlty and also through
the close by QRM. With a speaker all the cound goes by the waste side. Now I
know you are talking about the Mic part. For that the Mic on a Heil set Pro
5 is good. I sould say that you get  more room to move like everyoneis
saying with the headset plus you get the headset speakers and the mic
together. a heil boom is like more ropom taking at your station and may look
better. if you have the money get both and use the boom for casual dxing.
and the headset for contesting. That is what I plan on doing soon.

K8KHZ