CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Paddle Opinions?

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Paddle Opinions?
From: "Brad Pioveson W9FX" <w9fx@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:13:26 -0500
I hope that this isn't too far off topic!  Knowing that contesters are among
the top CW ops in our hobby, I cannot think of a better qualilfied group
from which to seek info and opinions.  I hope you'll share yours.

With the 2007-2008 season about to open for serious CW contesting, I'm
treating myself to a new set of paddles.  For the record, I'm neither a
purist nor a sadist!  I currently use WriteLog or, as the need arises (or,
the computer dictates), will resort to CT for the vast majority of my CW
contesting.  But, there is the occasion when one has need for a good set of
paddles - especially if I'm out and about in the camper or roving and for
those times when the PC or laptop isn't playing well.

There are, of course, lots of choices these days, and, to be honest, I fell
in love with the Begali 'Sculpture' at Dayton this year.  But the cost of
Begali products is a bit prohibitive.  I'm replacing, or, at least,
temporarily retiring my Bencher BY-2 paddles.

Fully understanding that likes/dislikes in paddles (or scotch, women and
cigars...) can be completely subjective, I'd appreciate knowing what you
like (or, don't) and, if you can tell my why you feel strongly about any
particular brand/model.

73, Brad, W9FX