CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] So2R

Subject: [CQ-Contest] So2R
From: ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca (Kelly Taylor)
Date: Sat Jan 25 08:32:32 2003
It's sad, really.

Here we encourage people to improve themselves, to better their operating
skills, to innovate and find new ways, within the rules, to increase
efficiency.

And when they do we beat them down like schoolyard bullies!

Why not then create new categories?

CC2SOCWAO - Can Copy Two Streams Of CW At Once: a distinct advantage, and
should be relegated to a different category.

HAIATKWCWHPOAC - Has An Innate Ability To Know Who's Calling When Hearing
Parts Of A Call: a distinct advantage, and should be relegated to a
different category.

KWTSTDB - Knows When To Switch To Different Band: a distinct advantage, and
should be relegated to a different category.

CCLOCIPIH - Can Compile List Of Callers In Pileup In Head: a distinct
advantage, and should be relegated to a different category.

NTCATBOWTTCSWABBC - No Trouble Copying All The Bad Ops Who Think They Can
Send With A Bug But Can't: a distinct advantage, and should be relegated to
a different category.

By the time we're done, there will be so many new categories that within
each, nobody will have any advantages over others and all the scores will be
tied.

SO2R ops win not because they have an unfair advantage, it's because they
have taught themselves to be better operators. We should celebrate that, not
try to take it away like some communist regime intent on creating equal
suffering for all.

73, kelly
ve4xt