CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] CT vs N1MM

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CT vs N1MM
From: "Paul T. Antos" <wb2abd@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 21:59:11 -0400
Although most of the comments about N1MM are true, I'm not too sure about the
"geek" and "stability" issues. As a former TR user,  I really had to struggle
to get used to getting things set up right. My cohort N2CU and my son KA2WIK (
the IT tech) had to deal with a lot of incessant badgering by yours truly. I
freely admit to being a "deer in the headlights" when it comes to computers.

Bottom Line: When I can get things running without asking anybody for help, I
and my support group are really happy. It's N1MM for me.

And since everything works the way it's supposed to, I run a contest entirely
from the keyboard. I might occasionally tweak a filter setting on the rig. I
can fill the screen with exactly the windows I want. I could go on for a long
time with what  like about it.

Paul WB2ABD  ( the last letter is Dee-yell-tahh ....) ( hey I don't have that
problem on CW!)