CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: 40 Metres in UK

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: 40 Metres in UK
From: "Steve London" <n2ic@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:04:31 +0100
I essentially agree with John.  The biggest advantage that I can see is that
the G's might have some spectrum between 7100 and 7150 where they can be
heard without so much QRM from the rest of Europe.   If you think you're
going to work large numbers of Americans by operating transceive above 7150,
you're going to be disappointed.   The bigger challenges are 1) Getting the
USA guys (and others) to keep tuning above 7100, after so many years of
Region 1 stopping at 7100  2) Missing out on all those other QSO's from
stations that can't go above 7100.  What are you going to do - listen above
7150 and below 7100 simultaneously ?

Are there any other European countries that are allowing operation above
7100 ?

73,
Steve, N2IC/5