CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] FW: Getscores.org Changes/Improvements...

To: <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FW: Getscores.org Changes/Improvements...
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 21:49:43 +0000
> >> Andy, you just hit my fundamental objection to GetScores.  I completely
> >> missed the CQWW SSB opening on 10 meters this year.  I heard stations
> >> working guys, but didnt work any of the Sporadic E into Europe.
> >
> > If you heard guys working Europe, but didn't get tipped off by the
> > scoreboard, how did you know to be listening there???
> >

> Is this a serious question?  SO2R.  Radio 2 goes to 10 meters for the once
> an hour periodic check of bands.  Radio 2 puts out audio of other stations
> (KC1XX or VE9DX IIRC) working EUs that operator cannot hear.

of course... so you already have some strategy to check on the other bands,
and you take advantage of what other operators on the band are doing by
listening to them.  Doesn't that make you assisted?  You are listening to
someone else working Europe so you know the band is open from there to
Europe... now what could you tell from the scoreboard that would be
different?  Oh wait, you couldn't tell WHO the other guy was working.  Maybe
they passed some carribean mults up to 10m and were working them?  Or maybe
all the qso's they logged were stateside guys who needed the zone?  So YOU
can tell even more than the scoreboard would tell you with their breakdown
on it!  I call that an advantage and think your so2r strategy should be
banned!  If you put a second radio on a band you must call cq on it and NOT
listen to any other competitor unless you call them for a contact and then
immediately qsy to a quiet frequency!

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net