CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Phonetics

To: "Stuart Santelmann KC1F" <kc1f@adelphia.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Phonetics
From: "Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 17:59:48 -0700
In 4Ø+ years of SS SSB -- (never did use the AM mode) -- I have learned that
California hams have a sort of "disadvantage" in saying their sections by
name..  Many . especially newbies . take pride in saying "San afopaoiutniuy"
.. and then come the "overs" ... so .. I am in  'SUGAR FOX'  .. works the
best overall .. and, since I am 25Ø miles north of the bridge, is seems
silly to define my QTH using the landmark, but .. it is understood .. under
extreme QSB/QRM/QRN,  "Golden Gate" often wins the day .. 73 .. CUinSS..
 You are xxxxx A -     AA6DX  - 64 - Sugar Fox