CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs

To: <n2ic@arrl.net>,"'CQ-Contest Reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:03:58 -0500
> A mistake made by a former ARRL employee. I look forward to
> it being corrected by a current ARRL employee.

If that is a mistake, it needs to be removed from the ARRL web
site and the rule needs to be changed.  Until it is changed,
NO CONTEST SPONSOR has any right to make public the log of any
entrant - particularly since there is no need to do so if the
contest sponsor is doing their job.

The decision for a contest committee to make logs public is a
simple admission that they are either not competent or too lazy
to do their job and they are leaving it to someone else.

Of course contest software authors could make a difference by
disabling the spotting functions unless the entry class is
"assisted" and refuse to generate an entry if the class is
changed to "unassisted" after the contest starts.