CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Contest Station Upgrade? ConvertaMac?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest Station Upgrade? ConvertaMac?
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (James White)
Date: Sun Jan 7 10:54:51 2001
This IS contest related!

With a move within the family members to Windows/DOS based computers, there
is now an abundance of old Macintosh hardware currently unused...Performa
640CD and 6200CD series machines...I know they will never work for the
multi-op logging computers, but...

I am wondering, can the monitors (Apple Multiple Scan 15 Display) be the
next group of contest  station monitors? The current monitors are many
generation hand me downs and lack much zip...some even have a gun missing so
color schemes while running CT/NA are a bit unique!

The connection is very different than the Macintosh's...is it simply a
matter of an adaptor being needed to convert the Mac monitors  15 pin plugs
(2 rows of 7 & 8 pins) to the three row type on a DOS machine?

This would provide some newer monitors for the station and hopefully would
be an inexpensive way to do it...thanks for the band width.

Tnx,

Jim, K4OJ