CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Fw: What is a "communication"

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fw: What is a "communication"
From: wn3vaw@fyi.net (Ron Notarius WN3VAW)
Date: Thu Sep 5 15:21:00 2002
I don't think it's fair to say that the FCC doesn't care.

I get the impression (and I could be wrong) from Bill Cross's answer that IF
the station in question is under FCC jurisdiction, and it identifies itself
at least once every 10 minutes, the FCC isn't going to be concerned.  It all
comes down how you define "communication," which is currently not defined
within FCC rules.  Which means, use some common sense.

It sounds more like Bill is trying to politely say "you really don't need or
want us to rule on this, do you?"

73, ron wn3vaw

When asked "If you had been in President Clinton's place, would you have
resigned?",
Republican Member of the House of Representatives Dick Armey replied:

"If I were in the President's place, I would not have gotten a chance to
resign.  I would be laying in a pool of my own blood, hearing Mrs. Armey
standing over me saying, "How do I reload this damn thing?"