CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote operation entirely through IP?

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote operation entirely through IP?
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 17:12:22 -0400
This is already happening.  You can operate from Hawaii while sitting in W7.
W4AN was operated from W7 in a Dx contest.  You can even "rent" a station
such as W7DXX (in Boston) altho its restricted to limited time frames.  This
one can go either way.  I talked to a USA ham in Isreal operating the W7DXX
internet remote.  I also hear a W6 using the remote to work Europe.

I also remember W2AH using an AEA device on a touchtone telephone to
remotely work his station
on 17.  I heard him ask a VR2 what frequency was he on.

Mr. Thorn is just a more modern remote method that W6YY used 40 years ago by
UHF radio link.

I guess soon it will be have PC can work contests!

Dave K4JRB