CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Battle of the Cheaters

To: <Jimk8mr@aol.com>, <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Battle of the Cheaters
From: "Felipe J Hernandez" <fhdez@vox-tel.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 15:32:56 -0400
In order to be realistic and to bring to the light the original post.. It was
refering to SO HP or as CQwW mentions "hi profile logs" Guys, I think is
working, look at the top 5 they all are proven operators and that one that
tried to cheat to the top was clearly discovered and DQ'd.. Its working..
Congrats to CQ log checking commitee.

Lets do what other sports do... If they are found cheating lets ban them for at
least 5 yrs and cancel all their country records.

So this means that clearly all top socring logs are being carefully
scrutinized, turning packet off is ridiculous..
so at least the multiplier cheating is taken care of.

And to quote Jim K1TN,

 Operate without a proper license?... if they are not licensed I dont think
they are good operators at all

Arrange schedules before the contest?...  NO one has even approached me to do
this.. dont think is a problem

Go to the SSB band and move multipliers to CW?.. whos got time for this?

Have a second operator to fill in time in the chair?... It may happen..crooks
often come in pairs.. no serious thread..

Run illegal power?.. this is a big one.. Being LP the class with most entries
and QRP with hard working guys. operators claiming LP and QRP is a big issue
because its a clear advantage that you cannot track. Also there are many HP
operations taking it to the next level as well.
Currently we have been working with the contest commitee on denouncing a local
operator that clearly is not runing the power advertised and blatantly taking
records from "real operations".. they are listening and we are trying to figure
out the way to make it public. lets concentrate on figuring this one out on hi
priority.

Use packet/telnet spots?... Big one but with a current working solution

Pad the log with made-up call signs?.. in order for this to work it has to be a
mayor concerted effort with others if they want it to work...... very traceable
and very easy to find due to area historicals...

This is not an exclusive commitee responsability,  I think the more we talk
about it in the reflector the better for everyone, since cheaters will know
that operators around the world are willing to come forward, they know that
there is not going to be any recognition but shame...  I think its working...
So I sincerely congratulate TJ for having the pair of "jones" needed to bring
it into the open.

Felipe
NP4z