CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] TQP vs CQ RTTY

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] TQP vs CQ RTTY
From: "Eric Hilding" <arrl@hilding.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 16:13:57 -0700
I had spaketh:

> Methinks there needs to be some "Gentleperson's Agreement"
> put in place to dispense with the major problem of CQ RTTY
> stations thrashing the Texas QSO Party on 40m.

Joe, W4TV, responded:

It's high time that sponsors of primarily North American
activities get it through their parochial heads and under-
stand that they can not schedule CW events during RTTY
contests.

So, what came first...the chicken or the egg?  Isn't it First Come
(Originally Scheduled), First Served (reasonable bandwidth priority to
co-exist together)?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

It was tough trying to copy some of the Texas mobile guys who were zero beat
with a part of the RTTY sqwuak, and the same signal strength.  And then
there was all that diddle-diddle QRM stuff in addition (or whatever it's
called).

Rescheduling events would be the simplest solution, but which entity would
want to move their date(s)?  I think there was also some kind of FISTS deal
going on circa 055/060.

73...

Rick, K6VVA