CQ-Contest

CT8.47 -loop option

Subject: CT8.47 -loop option
From: ieefc@msu.oscs.montana.edu (ieefc@msu.oscs.montana.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 30 10:50:41 1993
Still trying to get my eyes open this am and will report later on the
4M5I operation but I wanted to mention that I was not able to get the
unidirectional network to work with the -loop option.  Will look more
into it later.

From: hatcher_d <hatcher_d@bt-web.bt.co.uk> (hatcher_d)
Subject: CT protocol and COMTSR contd

Hi all,

Sorry for the bandwidth, but it seems there is something here ...

Ken Wolff wrote:

>>I'd be happy to provide details of the protocols and COMTSR
>>interface.
>>I looked at adding IPX support, but I think the Netware IPX stuff
>>required
>>my program to link in 16 bit objects to my the 32 bit code. This
>>proved
>>to be difficult, so I stopped. Is there a softeware interrupt only,
>>TSR
>>based IPX i can use that doesn't require callbacks into my code?

It seems that all we have to do is ask and things happen. Thanks Ken
for your offer of the CT and COMTSR protocols (even help and advice?).

I and I'm sure many others would appreciate the protocol here or
somewhere we can all get it (UCSD.edu?).

Sylvan VE5ZX Wrote:

>>I agree that we should be moving to ethernet communications, tcpip in
>>particular. There a loads of interesting enhancements that can be
>>developed with we have access to the protocols. AND if we use a
>>standard
>>communications interface like tcpip we can do loads of interesting
>>things. Perhaps this discussion will bring up some new ideas.

TCP/IP would be a nice direction to go as long as we could cram the
driver code into a TSR (or DOS device driver) without taking to
much memory or other machine resource.

Andy Burns GM0ECO Wrote:

>>packages and customising from their platform. If I can do the same
>>with
>>CT then it will be far more useful. The end product is a 'smart
>>system'
>>telling you real time in a contest which way to point your beam based
>>on
>>the mults you still need, which opening you are about to miss and how
>>your scoring is going. I'd be facinated to see what you've been up
>>to.

Its funny you should say that. By October this year I had something
similar to that up and running for CQWW phone.

My aim is to get it to a point where the things you mention are a
reality. I don't want to write logging software, but I am interested
in _extra_ connectivity to our contesters. However, I feel that maybe
it _could_ add yet another thing that you "need" to get in the top 10.

In the original text I mentioned using IPX as an alternative to
using serial point to point messaging. Taking on board the RF
problems associated with Ethernet it _may_ be tricky, maybe there
are bridges to cross here.

But what in detail I was thinking about was the following:

(1) Build a COMTSR that has the same "hooks" _to_ CT.

(2) On the other side of the COMTSR, send an acknowledged message
along the ethernet, with the given CT network data inside it.

Now, since CT can be setup with known stations in a file (eg for
band names rather than numbers), use that as a look up table to
send the data to each station in turn. Now, since the bandwidth
for data transfer is higher, even if the stations talking retry
10 or 20 times, the data will still "probably" be instantaneous.

I'm guessing a bit here with times, but basically I'm putting
forward an acknowledged service between the CT stations, with our
"new" COMTSR doing all the hard work. I wasn't thinking about
centralising the database. In my opinion, given the way that
contest stations work, having the logs on each station is a much
more resilient solution in the event of network failure.
The ops can then still get those Q's.

I have done some reading and experiments with simple "gab" messaging
between stations using IPX up to the point of sending "mail"
items. To me it doesn't look to difficult, but then again, I haven't
written too many TSRs or device drivers.

Comments on above appreciated,  (even if its to scrap to fibre as
Dave at Buffalo commented). Does anyone know any software developers how have
been here before?

Darren Hatcher - G7BKO

From: Tony Brock-Fisher <fisher@hp-and.an.hp.com> (Tony Brock-Fisher)
Subject: WEAN DXCC AWARD

You guys are going about this all wrong! Don't create a special no-net
endorsement! Instead, create the WEAN DXCC award! (Worked Everything
Assisted by Nets). All cards submitted must show a freq of 14.256,
14.160, etc. Honor Roll Plaques would be a pair of bronze baby shoes on
a walnut back!

To ensure the purity of this award, it would be required that the net
control (Master of Ceremonies, Head Cheese, His Excellence) personally
verify all the cards. This would keep him so busy we wouldn't have
any more nets, and the award would become rarer than DXCC HR.

Now I have to go home and tear up my FR5/T card...

-Tony, K1KP

From: Jim Reisert AD1C  30-Nov-1993 1349 <reisert@wrksys.enet.dec.com> (Jim
Reisert AD1C 30-Nov-1993 1349)
Subject: CT & Asiatic Russia

Bill, AA6TT asked:

>Anyone have a detailed Asiatic Russian prefix/CQ zone listing?  If so, please
>post it!

All UA9 in Zone 17 *except*:

        UA9S,W                  Zone 16
        UA9H,O,U,Y,Z            Zone 18

All UA0 in Zone 19 *except*:

        UA0Y                    Zone 23
        UA0A,B,H,O,S,U,W        Zone 18

73 - Jim AD1C

From: Skelton, Tom" <TSkelton@engineer.clemsonsc.NCR.COM (Skelton, Tom)
Subject: op at YS1X?

Who was the op at YS1X for the CQWW?  I heard him talking to Rich,
KI3V/VP9, on 80 meters last night but didn't get his home call.  tnx.
73, Tom WB4IUX

From: Skelton, Tom" <TSkelton@engineer.clemsonsc.NCR.COM (Skelton, Tom)
Subject: ARRL 160 meter contest...antenna suggestion?

I plan to be active in the ARRL 160 meter contest this weekend...will
be low power in the South Carolina section.  However, I currently don't
have a 160m antenna up....my first thought is to put up a 1/4 wave sloper
as the easiest and probably most effective antenna as my tower
height is limited (80 ft).  Another idea I have been pondering is an
inverted-L.  Any other suggestions???? tnx...73, Tom
WB4IUX
Tom.Skelton@ClemsonSC.NCR.COM

From: Jim Reisert AD1C  30-Nov-1993 1549 <reisert@wrksys.enet.dec.com> (Jim
Reisert AD1C 30-Nov-1993 1549)
Subject: VI9

------------------Reply to mail dated 30-NOV-1993 15:41:45.76------------------

Someone announced on YCCC PacketCluster last night that Bob would be on the
air today.

I wonder who N5RZ worked?

- Jim AD1C

From: Bernhard Buettner <buettneb@guug.de> (Bernhard Buettner)

> except
>       UA9S,W                  Zone 16
>       UA9H,O,U,Y,Z            Zone 18

However, I have never heard any UA9 giving his zone as 16. I guess
they all want to be in Asia. I wonder when Ken will change that in
his program. That's the difference between theory and real life...

73 Ben, DL6RAI
--
[] Bernhard Buettner (Ben)
[]      Mail: Am Brunnen 18, 85551 Kirchheim, Germany

From: Scott A Stembaugh <n9ljx@ecn.purdue.edu> (Scott A Stembaugh)
Subject: WV9Y cqww CORRECTED score

After digging thru the logs I found a bad entry that added 500+qso points to
our score. As much as I wanted to believe the 1M score I felt it couldn't be
right..it wasn't

WV9Y M/S USA - 600,857 points.

Now how do I get rid of the glitch entry??

--scott N9LJX

From: rklein@lobo.rmh.pr1.k12.co.us (Ronald D. Klein) (Ronald D. Klein)
Subject: K5ZD WWCW Score/Breakdowns

> Here is my score and breakdowns.  If you pay by the byte, sorry.

To be quite frank about it - I pay ABSOLUTELY NOTHING  for receiving mail.
However, I really don't like messsages like this. All the extraneous garbage
beyond the summary is something best left out!

Now - I feel much better!

73, Ron - W0OSK

From: rklein@lobo.rmh.pr1.k12.co.us (Ronald D. Klein) (Ronald D. Klein)
Subject: Contest entries by Internet (Was re: Logs)

> Tim, rightly sez:
>
> >When is CQ going to enter the 20th century. Why do they STILL require
> >disk AND PAPER LOGS???? The ARRL is light years ahead of CQ in this
> >matter with BBS and FTP/internet uploads or mailing only a disk. We
> >just printed out the VP2VFP logs for CQWW SSB and there was a stack of
> >paper 2" thick!! How many trees do we have to kill before they get the
> >picture? If anyone else feels this way about paper logs, how about
> >expressing your opinion to CQ or on the CQWW summary sheet.
>
> Here, here! I second the motion.  When asked why they don't do it, the
> official response has been: "cuz."  And we're supposed to be at the
> forefront of technology? Sorry, but I had to kvetch. 73 de Walt - K2WK

You are assuming things get to the ARRL. My Field Day entry was not published
in QST. I am highly suspicious that it got thrown on the floor somewhere on
it's way there by Internet. It also looks like my message to Lcuk Hurder at the
ARRL asking why it wasn't in QST went into the same bit bucket, as I have not
had a reply from him either.

The ARRL - and others - who accept entries by Internet should provide
confirmation e-mail back to the sender as was done with the Phone Sprint.

73, Ron - W0OSK

From: Hodge Thorgerson David Cameron-INBA <hodge@redvax1.dgsca.unam.mx> (Hodge
Thorgerson David Cameron-INBA)
Subject: XE1/AA6RX CQWW CW

                        CQWW CW 1993  SOAB  XE1/AA6RX

        160     80      40      20      15      10      ALL
        ---     --      --      --      --      --      ---
QSOs    131     439     987     1123    925     370     3975

CTYs    6       43      69      70      73      27      288

ZONES   7       20      28      31      28      20      134

Final Score  3,773,524 pts  (2.25 points/QSO)

Saludos all,
What fun!  I improved last year's score by 1M even though the multiplier
number is the same.  Oh, so close to 4000 Qs.  I was going great guns on
20 the last two hours when the bottom dropped out with 50 minutes to go.
I kept getting calls from ghostly weak northern EU and could only make out
a handful of them.
10 was punk from here.  I worked a few EU, but not a single JA.  VS6WO told
me when we worked on 15 that 10 was shut like a door.
40 played quite well.  The antenna is an inverted vee, so nothing special.
80 was a surprize, even though lots of noise.  I held court to a buzzing
pileup of EU and managed to pull a good number of them through for some
good zones and countries.
I had written off 160 due to a tremendous noise level, but it all went away
with 10 dB of attenuation.  Just a dipole there and 100 W.  I had some nice
runs of Ws, got a JA, worked P40N .  Sure wish we had tried it, Trey.
When I went to 15 on Saturday morning, I'd sweare every single licensed DL
called me, usually in groups of 100 or so.  And most not so strong.  Sounded
like an angry bee hive, fleshed out with OK,SP,OZ,ON,OH,YO,LZ for variety.
But I was just too tired to hack it for long and went to 10.  There I was
mobbed by Ws and really suffered from lack of sleep.  I think I need to
plan a short nap for the first night to be able to handle the runs that
can result Sat and Sun mornings.
Station...TS-950SD, Henry 3K (BAD!!! for fast band changes!)
        dipoles for 160/80/40, 205BA and Log Periodic for 20/15/10
Murphy visited Sunday afternoon and took away my rotator for 15.
Giorgi, XE1X, was a most gracious host and was really tickled to have me
give his station a workout.  Look for him in the ARRL 10 Meter Test.
Thanks to all for the QSOs.  Until next year!  David Hodge  XE1/AA6RX

From: jayt" <jayt@comtch.iea.com (jayt)
Subject: Icom 751 Improvments

--
Jay Townsend, Ws7i  < jayt@comtch.iea.com >

From: Hodge Thorgerson David Cameron-INBA <hodge@redvax1.dgsca.unam.mx> (Hodge
Thorgerson David Cameron-INBA)
Subject: TS 440 tuning knob

Hello TS 440 owners,  I have a problem that I'd like to remedy.  The friction
adjust on my tuning knob suddenly went kind of haywire and doesn't adjust
smoothly from some friction to a good free spin.  It seems to have some
friction now in even the softest setting.  This happened while someone was
borrowing the rig so I don't know if anything unusual happened to the knob.
Before I delve in to solve this mystery I thought I'd ask if anyone has
experience in this matter.  Many thanks,  David Hodge XE1/AA6RX
From: blunt@arrl.org (Billy Lunt KR1R) (Billy Lunt KR1R)
Subject: Field Day Scores

Top 10 Scoring Field Day Stations

AD6T       18,645   17 A Battery
N1NH       17,322   15 A
K0NA       17,270    2 A Battery
K8BL       16,782    9 A
W2SEX      16,225    3 A Battery
W6NWG      16,116    5 A
W2GD       15,962    4 A
KP2N       15,580    2 A
W6TRW      15,474    7 A
K4BFT      14,920    5 A

Score Leaders -- 1A-Battery

Morrice, Minnis, Barthelow & Goldman
WB6ITM               6,815
W8DL-WV-CW-NUTS
W8DL                 6,775
Meriden ARC
W1NRG                6,710
Radio Amateur Contest Operators Operating in Natural Surroundings
K4ZM                 6,680
Panama City ARC
W4RYZ                6,595
Anoka County RC/QRP "Milli"sota Brass Kickers
WW0J                 6,540
The Nature Boys
W1ECH                5,520
Dinosaur Valley DX Society
K5MW                 5,485
St Louis QRP Society
NF0R                 4,850
Shutesbury Shortwave Shamen
K1CE                 3,890

Score Leaders -- 1A

Mad River RC
K8MR                 6,540
Batesville ARC
NG5M                 5,740
Fort Wayne RC
KR9U                 5,662
Bozo and the Lids
W9TG                 5,440
The ZL Specials
WA1G                 5,294
Fist and Mouth Contest Company
W5EW                 5,240
ARC of Ohio State University
W8LT/VE3             4,930
Neurosa's Gopher Munchers Club
AE6C                 4,884
Riverland ARC
W9UP                 4,750
Those Guys From Cleveland ARC
N8AGU                4,746

Score Leaders -- 1A-Commercial

Bankhead ARC
N4GKE                2,238
R W Duncan Family
WA5UWY               1,180
Non-Club Group
WA4ECY                 922
Sandbar Yacht Club
NZ9Y                   848
CIMLINC AR Team
AG8L                   729
Midway ARC
N0IRV                  662
Non-Club Group
KF0ZH                  608
Ramsey County ARC
WD0FFQ                 412
The Naked Chicken Contest Club
NJ1Q                    10

Score Leaders -- 2A-Battery

Arapahoe RC
K0NA                17,270
West Park Radiops ARC
W8VM (+N8OSM)        9,020
Williamsburg Area ARC
K4MU (+WD4JYQ)       8,340
Splitrock ARA
K2RF (+N2LDC)        7,420
Quick Creek ARC
AI9Y                 5,860
Walton RA
W2LZ                 5,485
Dallas ARC
K4DVJ (+KD4WUJ)      5,380
Kalamazoo QRP
WG8J                 5,165
Choctaw ARC
WD5G (+N5VYF)        4,400
Northwest QRP Club--East Washington
NW7E                 4,340

Score Leaders -- 2A

Virgin Islands ARC
KP2N (+NP2EE)       15,580
Acadiana ARA
W5DDL (+WB5AAA)     11,438
Salt City DX Assn
W2FR                11,266
San Diego DX Club
K6NA                10,984
Albuquerque DXA
N5RR (+N5GFR)       10,948
Texas DX Society
K5DX (+KB5NFN)      10,762
Longview East Texas ARC
W5XZ (+N5OWS)        9,718
Northwest ARS
N5FD (+KB5SGV)       9,508
Columbia ARA
K3EF (+KB3AOT)       9,392
Rochester (NY) DX Assn
W2TZ (+KA2YVU)       9,258

Score Leaders -- 2A-Commercial

Order of Boiled Owls NY
W2AX                5,890
Non-Club Group
AC4IL               2,140
Sumter ARA
KQ4FM (+KC4SZG)     1,974
Confederate Signal Corps of South Carolina
KK4QZ               1,914
Gulf Coast ARC
WC4D                1,568
Emergency ARS
KA8CPM (+KA5MJW)    1,456
Western Piedmont ARC
K4VLY               1,300
Berkshire County Radio Assn
AA1AS               1,289
Andrew Johnson ARC
W4XW (+N4WVL)       1,226
Athens ARC
W5CR                1,178

Score Leaders -- 3A-Battery

ARA of the Tonawandas
W2SEX (+N2RZW)      16,225
Summit ARA
KS3L (+N3DPB)       13,550
QRP-New England
W1FMR                9,280
Durham Region QRP Club
VE3QRD               7,235
Maryland Mobilers
WA3PJQ (+N3BYR)      6,605
The A Team
W4RRW                6,410
Santa Clara County ARA
W6UW (+KC6WMM)       5,885
Middlesex ARS/CARES
W1EDH                4,770
Anne Arundel RC
W3VPR (+KB3AUS)      4,750
Sterling Park ARC
W4RW                 3,230

Score Leaders -- 3A

Hughes-Fullerton ARC
N6AW (+KD6NAC)      14,208
Shreveport ARA
N5WA (+KB5PKE)      11,568
Jet Propulsion Lab ARC
W6VIO (+KA6DAN)     10,334
Hebron All-Star Wireless Group
K1DW                10,088
Poughkeepsie ARC
N2YL (+N0OUW)        9,938
McHenry County Wireless Assn
KB9I (+N9JSF)        9,304
CAREN
KE9I (+KA9ZFG)       9,108
Shelby County ARC
N4NR (+KC4ZBA)       9,086
Blackhawk DX & Contest Club
K9LJN                8,278
Western ARA
N6ME (+KB6SRM)       8,138

Score Leaders -- 3A-Commercial

Newton ARC
W0BZN                5,634
Orlando ARC
W4PLB                4,740
Appalachian Repeater Assn
WF1G (+N8KUR)        3,482
East Pasco ARS
AA4RU (+KD4GIK)      3,322
Tri-Town RAC
W9VT (+N9FUW)        3,146
North Ottawa ARC
K8AR (+KB8ODB)       2,904
Non-Club Group
KF7BR                2,314
Triangle ARK
N4EB                 2,290
Milledgeville ARC
WB4DOJ (+KC4YIF)     2,034
TCARC
WZ9W                 1,816

Score Leaders -- 4A-Battery

Herndon Repeater Group
N4WJN (+KD4TAJ)      8,200
Nomads
WX8A                 7,975
Eagle Rock ARC
WC7F (+KB7UHL)       7,900
Orange County Radio Amateurs
AG4U (+KD4URA)       4,325
Portland ARC
W7KYC (+KA7YKR)      3,065
USI ARC/TARS
W9OG (+W9MOK)        1,830

Score Leaders -- 4A

Cherryville Repeater Assn II
W2GD (+N2UYV)       15,962
Scottsdale ARC
K7TR (+N7ZVK)       14,122
Kettle Moraine Radio Amateurs
N9KS (+KB9FTI)      12,142
Amateur Radio Transmitting Society
W4CN (+KD4RER)      11,522
Sturdy Memorial Hospital ARC
WS1H                11,402
North Florida ARS
W4IZ (+KD4PQM)      10,176
Orange County ARC
W6ZE (+WA6PFA)       9,150
Westchester Emergency Communications Assn
N2SF (+KB2PHX)       8,854
West Palm Beach ARC
W4HAW (+KD4BPY)      8,752
Cary ARC
N4NC                 8,640

Score Leaders -- 4A-Commercial

Radio Assn of Western New York
W2PE                 2,668
Grant County ARC
W9EBN                1,530

Score Leaders -- 5A-Battery

North Coast ARC
KB8A (+N8MIL)        9,725
Dickson County ARC
NY4N (+KA4UYZ)       7,410

Score Leaders -- 5A

Palomar ARC
W6NWG (+N6YMD)      16,116
Huntsville ARC
K4BFT (+KD4DXU)     14,920
Billerica ARS
WT1E (+N1KST)       13,844
Cuyahoga Falls ARC
WC8J (+KB8KTC)      11,002
Mt Vernon ARC
N4BV (+KD4CNS)       9,200
L'Anse Creuse ARC
K8RO (+KB8DRY)       8,356
Schenectady ARA
K2AE                 7,736
Virginia Beach ARC
WA4TGF (+KD4ZSC)     7,432
South Pickering ARC
VE3SPC               7,396
Ak-Sar-Ben ARC
W0EQU (+KB0KYT)      7,370

Score Leaders -- 5A-Commercial

Five Flags ARA
W4UC                 2,480

Score Leaders -- 6A-Battery

Zuni Loop Mountain Expeditionary Force
N6GA                10,015
Central Oregon RAC
K7ZM                 7,435

Score Leaders -- 6A

Northrop RC
W6KP (+N6YPJ)       13,266
Mike & Key ARC
K7LED (+N7WIM)      11,686
Long Island Mobile ARC
N2FP (+N2UAC)        7,830
Birmingham ARC
W4CUE (+KD4BWW)      7,758
10-70 Repeater Assn
NN2T                 7,118
Hoodview ARC
WB7QIW (+KB7OMB)     6,728
Four Lakes ARC
W9JZ (+N9PQN)        6,704
Twin City ARC
K9CW                 6,158
Bolingbrook ARS
N9OCL                5,900
Kalamazoo ARC
W8VY (+KB8JYB)       5,000

Score Leaders -- 6A-Commercial

Avalon RAC CW Experts
VO1CRC               2,230
Red River Valley ARC
WB5RDD               1,029
Amateurs of Bradford Co-Western
KI3Y                   424

Score Leaders -- 7A

TRW ARC & Xerox ARC
W6TRW (+KB6LSE)     15,474
Penn Wireless Assn
W3SK (+N3MAB)       13,530
Fox River Radio League
W9CEQ                9,482
Cherryland ARC
K8XX                 7,182
Radio Club of Tacoma
W7DK (+KB7QOP)       6,586
Hamilton ARC
VE3DC                6,290
Warren ARA
W8VTD (+KA8ZSO)      5,994
West Branch ARA
W3AVK (+KA3TUG)      5,514
Golden Empire ARS
W6RHC (+KC6PFZ)      5,242
Irving Disaster Emergency Communications
WT6A (+N6LNT)        4,044

Score Leaders -- 8A-Battery

Alameda County Repeater Club
N6WG (+N6LIT)        9,815

Score Leaders -- 8A

Woodbridge Wireless
W4IY                14,078
Warminster ARC
K3IA (+KA3YFP)      10,366
Amateur Radio Club of El Cajon
WA6BGS               8,590
Pinellas County AR
AB4OL                5,836
Broward County ARES/RACES
AC4UV (+KD4LAN)      5,372
Rockford ARA
W9AXD                3,250
Warrensburg Area ARC
WE0G (+N4RWV)        3,246
Amador County ARC
WG6N                 3,088
Toledo Mobile RA
W8HHF                2,898
Mahoning Valley ARA
W8QLY (+N8NRK)       2,816

Score Leaders -- 9A

Lake County ARA
K8BL (+N8XUD)       16,782
Raleigh ARS
W4DW (+KD4WTJ)       5,944
Central Massachusetts ARA
W1BIM                4,226
Upper Canada AR Friends
VE3URF               3,684

Score Leaders -- 10A

Nortown ARC
VE3NAR               6,204

Score Leaders -- 10A-Commercial

Gloucester County ARC
W2MMD (+WA2TOP)      8,870

Score Leaders -- 11A

Border City Radio Club
VE3WR                7,404
Kern County Central Valley ARC
W6LIE (+KD6QIP)      4,092
Triple "A" ARA
AC3J                 3,138

Score Leaders -- 12A

USECA
WA8Z (+N8RHV)       10,194
ElDorado County ARC
W6AJJ                4,296
Beaver Valley ARA
W3SGJ                3,592

Score Leaders -- 13A

Findlay RC
W8FT                 7,444

Score Leaders -- 15A

Nashua Area RC
N1NH (+N1NYT)       17,322

Score Leaders -- 17A-Battery

Conejo Valley ARC
AD6T                18,645

Score Leaders -- 20A-Commercial

Englewood ARA
K2ND                   682

Score Leaders -- 1B1-Battery

K3WW                 8,150
W3TS                 4,780
AA0EN                3,520
KE0Y                 3,470
N8DRF                2,840
AA6XP                2,610
AB7E                 2,540
K4RDU                2,530
KE8SX                2,250
WA3ULH               2,200

1B1

Score Leaders -- 1B1-Commercial

KB4LCR                 612
AA5R                   500
WR1B                   460
N0DLS                  348
KA4OTB                 266
KD4GHQ                  78

Score Leaders -- 2B1-Battery

N6VT                 5,135

Score Leaders -- 2B1

N6VT                 5,135
N6ZPX                2,526
N8LM                 2,224

Score Leaders -- 1B2-Battery

N4BP (+op)           8,360
KF3P (+KH2F)         6,585
AA4YZ (+op)          4,780
NR7P (+WA7MLK)       3,560
K3SS (+WF4U)         3,350
WN6W (+AA6CC)        3,100
N4ROA (+WB4CDS)      3,080
WB6JJE/7 (+op)       2,605
WB0RXF (+WA0ZPT)     2,180
VE3EQP (+VE3IMG)     1,885

Score Leaders -- 1B2

W6UE (N6DLU,WA6OTU,ops) 7,412
W8TK (+WD8AUB)       6,138
N7JKF (+N7AYG)       5,424
KA1TB (+KA1GD)       5,050
K8RYU (+N8NMA)       4,318
WA2VYA (+WA2TBA)     3,932
N3IXR (+N3BGV)       3,784
K6DMO (+N0STL)       3,016
N2EY (+WA3UZI)       2,634
K9MMS (+K9LUW)       2,608

Score Leaders -- 1B2-Commercial

KG6BY (+WA6SFJ)        448
AA2BA (+KB2KTN)        420
VE3EEK (+VE3HJV)       300

Score Leaders -- 2B2-Battery

N1DGO (+N1BYT)       1,910
N2MAT (+KF2JH)       1,600
N6MBY (+WB6UER)      1,525
NG7D (+WA6VES)       1,220
N0EVL (+N0GVP)       1,055

Score Leaders -- 2B2

W2PA (+W2SQ)         5,634
NB2N (+WB2TNL)       4,376
N6IFR (+KN6IK)       2,448
WA7EES (+N7THH)      2,108
AA1FK (+WA6RND)      1,510
AA9AN (+op)          1,136
N7TXT (+WA7JTM)        928
WO4Z (+KD4WLF)         790
WA2CUE (+N2QQT)        790
KE0MF (+N0UEI)         536

Score Leaders -- 3B2

K5TA (+AA5B)         7,000

Score Leaders -- 1C

AA6DP                3,418
NO0T                 2,624
W7GKF                2,600
K3TM                 2,410
KQ4RT                1,434
KG6VI                  672
WA1QWT                 650
WA4A                   600
N7MZW                  596
W9IEI                  562

Score Leaders -- 2C

N6DD                 1,896
NF1J                 1,510
W8TO                 1,438
KA5BOU                 446

Score Leaders -- 1D

KR8V                 2,568
K9ZO                 2,496
W4XD                 2,064
W8JF                 2,006
W8SJU                1,924
NR6J                 1,730
K9XR                 1,604
KA0ZFX               1,337
AK2S                 1,292
W4WKQ                1,116

Score Leaders -- 2D

K5OJI                5,000
N1CC                 3,346
W3VI                   950
AB4EY                  896
W7EK                   842
VE2SHQ                 738
WC7C                   680
W7PXL                  654
N4UQM                  548
AB4RK                  488

Score Leaders -- 3D

W8BAP                1,064
KE8XQ                1,018

Score Leaders -- 4D

N6ST                 2,400
AA2FA                1,106
KA3EHL                 744

Score Leaders -- 6D

W1AW                   798

Score Leaders -- 7D

N5MYH                1,356

Score Leaders -- 8D

KC4ZFX               4,388

Score Leaders -- 1E

K5RWK                4,934
K5MR                 4,502
N3KK                 4,244
KA1J                 3,470
KF5AA                3,436
W0CP                 3,350
WA2DHF               2,890
K6LL                 2,813
AA2GQ                2,778
KV6O/5               2,616

Score Leaders -- 2E

NC0P                 6,432
W6EEN                2,882
WA4ZUA               2,148
W8ID                 1,030
K1NQG                  866
NG0X                   854
WB6EGE                 732
WU9Z                   638
N5LDX                  542
WA1PHY                 160

Score Leaders -- 3E

K8AJR                4,782
K6JCV                1,455
WA2AAZ                 872
N6IP                   850
W4DOC                  752

Score Leaders -- 4E

W0NT                 3,930
WA6SVT               1,968
K1SSN                1,612
KC3TL                  664
K6VIP                  492

Score Leaders -- 5E

W3KWH                3,712

Score Leaders -- 7E

W1ORS                1,532

Score Leaders -- 8E

WJ8B                 6,028

From: blunt@arrl.org (Billy Lunt KR1R) (Billy Lunt KR1R)
Subject: Entering ARRL Contests

The ARRL has FOUR (4) ways to enter ALL ARRL contests.

Within 30 days after the contest, send your entries via:

INTERNET - ASCII summary sheet and ASCII log file
          (following the ARRL Suggested File Format)
           to  contest@arrl.org

ARRL BBS - ASCII summary sheet and ASCII log file
          (following the ARRL Suggested File Format)
           BBS up to 14.4-k baud
           telephone: (203) 665-0090

DISK -     Paper summary sheet and ASCII log file
          (following the ARRL Suggested File Format)
           3.5 or 5.25 inch diskettes (high or low density)

PAPER ENTRY - Official forms or reasonable facsimiles
              Summary sheet, logs, dupe sheets

Mailing Address: ARRL Contest Branch
                 225 Main Street
                 Newington, CT 06111

73,
Billy

Contest Guru....."we check 'em all"

+--------------------------------+---------------------------------+
| Billy Lunt, KR1R               | Voice:       203-666-1541       |
| Contest Manager                | FAX:         203-665-7531       |
| American Radio Relay League    | ARRL BBS:    203-666-0578       |
| 225 Main Street                | BBS Uploads: 203-665-0090       |
| Newington, CT 06111            | Internet:    blunt@arrl.org     |
+--------------------------------+---------------------------------+

From: blunt@arrl.org (Billy Lunt KR1R) (Billy Lunt KR1R)

From: Steven.M.London@att.com (Steven M London +1 303 538 4763) (Steven M
London +1 303 538 4763)
Subject: 1987 Solar Flux Numbers

I spoke too soon when I volunteered to post some historical solar flux
data, if there was enough interest.

The earliest year I could easily obtain was 1987.  Fortunately, 1987 was
an interesting year.  The year began at the bottom of the solar cycle,
but by the end of the year, cycle 22 was well on its way.  Just about the
inverse of 1993.

My recollection of CQWW Phone, 1987, was that we had a FB EU opening
on 10 meters the weekend before the contest, with a flux in the 110's.
By contest weekend, the flux was back down to the 80's, and I worked an
EA and an F.

To those of you not interested in this data, I won't waste any more cq-contest
bandwidth.

Steve, N2IC/0

1987                       ADJUSTED DAILY SOLAR FLUX                       1987
Ottawa               2800 MHz Series C (Multiplied by Ten)              1700 UT

  Day   Jan   Feb   Mar   Apr   May   Jun   Jul   Aug   Sep   Oct   Nov   Dec
    1   716   692   728   725   793   778   760   910   853*  842   991   876
    2   705   698   733   719   802   779   744   897   855   848  1050   865
    3   691   700   716   724   828   764   737   871   875   856*  980   858
    4   690   683   733   740   844   773   732   840   896   892  1011*  851
    5   703   675   737   776   861   761   734   816   935*  901   992   868

    6   693   677   756   894   879   758   733   852   956*  895   949   857
    7   697   691   755   944   881   760   741   895*  995*  909   944   853
    8   682   689   769   948   891   770   761   938  1019   950   927   887
    9   680   692   736  1005   873   768   763   948  1009   927   903   912
   10   674   693   714  1000   895   781   763   940   978  1011   892   901

   11   680   685   705  1013   864   807   757   998*  954  1008*  926   911
   12   689   678   695   986   854   821   755  1000   911  1022   926   915*
   13   697   680   696   993   874   823   751  1018*  897  1055   929   911
   14   711   683   711   977   912   806   766  1024   868  1133*  923   915
   15   715   693   705   978   936   804   788  1013   850  1178I  937   920*

   16   707   684   710   953*  982   813   809  1027   835  1111   950   934*
   17   708   681   712   973   967   818   815  1012   840  1060   968   922
   18   706   698   725   940   985   829   825  1004   824  1065  1000   902
   19   700   695   715   917  1001   824   851   990   827  1004  1066   884
   20   689   696   738   856   998   811   938  1012   849   956  1122   869

   21   712*  707   742   783   999   826   956   966   830   893  1153   907
   22   736*  704   738   765  1010   871  1026*  944*  813   882  1178   881
   23   721   705   755   765   949   875  1156   918   804   870  1151   882
   24   716   721   759   786   985   891  1150   896   803   871  1094   899
   25   715   735   757   758   968   863  1149   899   779   923  1049   962*

   26   726   739   756   743   923   843  1098*  873   764   969  1013   968*
   27   699   740   754   748   875   789  1054   851   802  1059   949  1014
   28   708   727*  750   743   851   792  1025   813   823  1062   923  1025
   29   706         753   736E  793   766   973   799   835  1027   907  1014
   30   698         746   768   779   759H  940   785   819  1042   891   992

   31   687         719G        773         919   832         978         997
 Mean   702   698   733   855   898   804   870   922   870   974   990   915
* = corrected for burst in progress                    1987 Yearly Mean = 853
E = corrected for snow on antenna
G = corrected for ice on antenna
H = measured at Penticton
I = 1700 UT calibration taken at 1915 UT

From: Robert A. Wilson" <n6tv@vnet.IBM.COM (Robert A. Wilson)
Subject: Flash -- All 58 California Counties covered!

Thanks to Larry, KJ6PJ, who generously volunteered to drive 3-4 hours
up to Sutter County, all 58 California Counties will be ON THE AIR
this weekend for the 1993 California QSO Party.

Out-of-state stations send consecutive serial number and
state/province/country.  California stations send serial number and
county.  Work stations on 160-2, phone and CW.  Many awards available,
including wine to the top 20 finishers out of state.  Full details are
in October CQ and QST, just arriving now.

CU in the contest!

73,
Bob, N6TV

From: Olli Rissanen EA4BQ/YV5 (OH0XX), Caracas" <rissanen@vnzv01.enet.dec.com
(Olli Rissanen EA4BQ/YV5 (OH0XX), Caracas)
Subject: Guest operation KH6 ?

        CQ WW SSB - 8R1K

        I thought to be 8R1K in CQ WW SSB as last year, but I won
        a trip to KH6 October 22-27 and it seems impossible to get
        back to 8R1 in time for the contest. I already tried YJ8
        but it too seems to be too far away to get there in time.

        So looking for the guest operation opportunity either in
        KH6 or surroundings. Ready to bring my own equipment and
        do some antenna work (up to install 2 el 40 el beam!).
        M/S or M/M operations are not out of question.

        73,

        Olli
        OH0XX & EA4BQ/YV5
        (C53AA, FY5YE, EA8RCT, CR9BZ, OH0XX/EA9, OH0XX/OJ0,
         PY1RO, 8R1K, etc)

        PS.
        Still trying to find the way to get from KH6 to 8R1 in
        time and in fact I have the route Honolulu-LA-Denver-
        Miami-Caracas-Trinidad-Georgetown confirmed, but it is
        very tight and I am arriving 6AM Georgetown the day when
        the contest starts.

From: clay rudolf <rtclay@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> (clay rudolf)
Subject: Butternut antenna manual needed

I'm looking for a manual for the Butternut Butterfly 2 element beam. Will
pay for copying/postage. Does anyone who has used one of these antennas
have any advice on getting it set up and tuned?

73,

R. Torsten Clay, N4OGW    r-clay@uiuc.edu or n4ogw@uiuc.edu

From: Rick, K7GM" <AONISWAN@ECUVM.CIS.ECU.EDU (Rick, K7GM)
Subject: CQP

I decided I might as well be the leader in the clubhouse....

        116 X 46     97 cw   19 phone   about 15K

     Only 20, 40, and 80 with 100 watts to a vertical.  Nice to hear
all the counties on.  Had to resort to phone to make 100 Qs.  Condix
seemed pretty stinky (with a vertical, condix on 20 almost always
seem stinky).
                    Rick, K7GM/4