CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] weird names

Subject: [CQ-Contest] weird names
From: jfunk@adams.net (jim funk)
Date: Sun Jan 19 13:10:32 2003
While it's *possible* that the use of weird names in NAQP or the Sprints is
a "defensive stategy", I doubt that in most cases that is the intent.
Certainly not in mine.  If I have to repeat "Bill" fifty times rather than
use "Jim", it slows me down fifty times as much as it does any one of my
competitors.

In the case of "Steggi", it was *every* time  :(

I got a kick (and a pause) out of W4AN's name yesterday....glad he wasn't in
Vermont....

73, Jim N9JF