CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Rig

To: "'AD5VJ Bob'" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>,"CQ Contest" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Rig
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 18:08:32 -0400
Bob:

Yaesu screwed with the filter switching from the
front panel with the MkV and Field. On the original
MP you can select any combination of 2nd and 3rd IF
filters from the panel. In the MkV and Field, you
have to access the menu system (uggh).

There are other issues as well.

There was an article in NCJ soon after the MkV came
out which listed the reasons that the MP beat out the
MkV as a contest rig. I can't tell you the issue, but
a Google should find it.

73,

Jeff Maass  K8ND

Station Manager  PJ2T,