CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] SO2R

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R
From: k0hb@earthlink.net (KØHB)
Date: Sun Jan 26 18:44:42 2003
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Fleming" <k8khz@yahoo.com>

> Note: I find it absurd that in the last two postings with
> the guest op deal and also the SO2R. It apperars to
> me as though the people who have been winning in
> some catagories with advantages no matter what
> they may be are happy to win of course.

For one glorious year I had bragging rights to the Dakota Division record for SS
LP Phone.  The next year a better operator, N0BSH (now K9NW), at a better
station, N0AT, took it away from me by a huge margin.  My goal is to overcome
whatever advantages N0BSH @ N0AT had and reclaim those bragging rights.  If the
contest sponsor mucks around and puts hired guns or SO2R in a different
category, then I won't have that opportunity.  As they say in football, "let the
players play".  Some contests have already been sliced and diced into too many
assinine categories --- we don't need more "equality".  Doubters are invited to
read Kurt Vonnegut's short story, "Harrison Bergeron", paying particular
attention to the character Diana Moon Glompers, the Handicapper General.

73, de Hans, K0HB