CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] name experiment

Subject: [CQ-Contest] name experiment
From: jfunk@adams.net (jim funk)
Date: Wed Jan 15 23:43:11 2003
My call is running around in various "master" databases attached to "Jim" or
"Pogo" (sprint name).  This time, I (and a dozen or so others), used "Bill"
in memory of WA9TPQ (SK Dec '02).  I heard a lot of pauses as "Bill" sank in
and "Jim" or "Pogo" were erased from the exchange line.  A few asked for
repeats.  Several chuckled and then said, "Thanks, Jim".  A couple asked
later who the guest op was....

I used "Poppy" one year in a Sprint (favorite cow at the time).  I had more
trouble with that than with Pogo.  Once in a Sprint, as a member of "Dead
Lizards", I used "Steggi" (short for Stegosauraus...get it?).  Man, I'll
never make *that* mistake again!

I always get a kick out of some of the weird names that surface in these
tests.  Sure more interesting than 599....  73, Jim N9JF