CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Query re F12 C31XR

To: "'David Siddall'" <hhamwv@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Query re F12 C31XR
From: "chetmoore" <chetmoore@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 21:33:35 -0400
Hi Dave,

Mine has been up since 2002. W2gd recommended it to me and it has been rock
solid at 95 feet since day 1 Using a single feed line. I see no reason for
me to go to multiple feed lines.  You will love this antenna.

I Have Turned it since 2002 with the same  HAM-IV rotor modified by rotor
doc/CATS with the heavy duty brake and the , brake delay and the waterproof
connector (replaces the 8 terminal lugs on the bottom of the rotor).

The c-31xr  has been through 5 or 6 hurricanes here in chesapeake va (2
miles from the Norfolk/Virginia beach line and about 6 miles off the water.

The only modification I made  to the c31 is that mine was one of the early
models. It was rumored that that the 15 and 20 meter driven elements could
"touch" in heavy winds.
While on the ground, I could physically "MAKE" them touch so I figured they
could under some conditions "touch".  I purchased 2 additional spreaders
from F-12 and installed them on each side of the boom Between the 20 and 15
meter elements about 15 feet further out to  make it physically  impossible
for these two elements to touch.

I'm Not sure if F-12 or what ever they are called now (innovative ??)
includes these 2 extra spreaders in the kit.

If they are not included,  They would easily be home brewed with a piece of
plastic and a 2 muffler clamps.

73

Chet N4FX