CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] new scores in standings

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] new scores in standings
From: "K5WA" <K5WA@Comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 11:51:20 -0500
Terry,

It seems to me that WRTC competitors really wouldn't care so much about the
"award" in any particular contest; they simply want the placement ranking to
validate WRTC credits.  Rule C clearly says "award" and logically is limited
to that particular contest.  I don't see how an "award" for a particular
contest can possibly stop the WRTC from accepting the placement ranking.
Does the WRTC require a plaque or certificate to validate ranking in a
contest?  If a WRTC aspirant ranks in the published standings, even though
he forgoes his right to an "award", it really shouldn't make any difference
for WRTC qualification points.

I say all this knowing I'm going to get dropped ANOTHER 1000 points behind
our NA#4 TL if my idea is accepted.  ;-)

Just trying to be fair about "definitions".

2 cents offered.

Bob K5WA

From: Terry Zivney <n4tz@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 00:28:54 +0000 (UTC)

The rules of the CQ WPX Contest state clearly that "C. Logs submitted or
postmarked after the deadline may be listed in the results, but are not
eligible for awards."
This means not eligible for first place, second place, or last place awards.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ CQ WPX Contest Director