CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] 40M "Woodpecker"

To: <BobK8IA@aol.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 40M "Woodpecker"
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:25:53 -0000
Bob somewhere very recently there was an article about this new radar.
Unfortunately senility is setting in and I can't find it. What I remember is it
is a project being tested by the Australian Gov't. The web pages that reference
the tests have been 'pulled'.
For information there have been several occasions over the last few months on
75m when the usual morning path to the Pacific has been completely useless due
to this new OTHR. Some of the 'old-timers' have tried the old trick of matching
their keyer speed to the pulse rate but it had no effect.
Good Luck in AA.
73

MAL                N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ