CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL says no to opening logs...

To: <k1ttt@arrl.net>, "'CQ-Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL says no to opening logs...
From: "W4ZW" <w4zw@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:32:53 -0400

> But if you are busted in the published log, how do you fix
> THEIR log???  The on-line log may let you know that you
> aren't in their log, but it can't fix it... so even if you
> had the right date and time and sent for the qsl you
> shouldn't get it.  So publishing logs should be a GOOD thing

Exactly.  And that is the pure logic of "what difference does it make?"

If your call is busted in the DX log or in the contest log, no credit is
due.

Seems like most of the big Dxpeditions send out cards to everyone in the log
anyway whether they receive one or not.

Dale's right on.  It's only a hobby.  As for me, I know if I worked a DX
station or not and have never needed a piece of paper to prove it.  I know
many other old timer type  guys who think the same way.

Jon Hamlet,  W4ZW

Casey Key Island, Florida
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"