CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Recording your CQ WW CW contest

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Recording your CQ WW CW contest
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@pclink.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 20:23:16 -0600
"I'm not saying it will not work ... I am saying the effort is
considerably more involved than 10 or 12 receivers scattered
around the world.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV"

... and then they strung wires to the next town... and then across the river to
the next state... then over the mountains to the other coast... then dropped
them into the sea and hooked up the next continent... and along comes this guy
named Herman Potocnik suggesting to do away with all that wiring and using
geostantionary satellites... funny thing... this was in the 1920's and there
was no technology to get them hung up there in the sky...

I wonder what 20 meters sounds like during a contest with your antenna up
23,000 miles? I will speculate the military already has this technology in
place. Maybe they can catch those cheaters for us?

To quote an ole Navy guy, down the block... "Just a boy and his radio"
(singular)... oh sorry, that's a different rampage, isn't it.

73 de Bob - K0RC in MN