CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Calling all Webcams -- CQ WW SSB

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Calling all Webcams -- CQ WW SSB
From: "K7ZO (Scott Tuthill)" <k7zo@cableone.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 20:06:37 -0600
As I have done before most major contests the last two years I am collecting
a list of all webcams that will be in operation during the upcoming CQ WW
SSB contest. Over the past few contest seasons the use of webcams at contest
sites has continued to grow. Many of the top contest stations worldwide are
known to have live webcams during the contest. Several stations also had
real time score displays integrated into their webcam pages. PI4TUE also had
live streaming audio and video for those that caught it. In theory you could
have watched and listened to them make a qso with you.
Has anyone out there actually done this?

In preparation for CQ WW SSB in two weekends I have a request for all
CQ-CONTEST
readers:

If you are planning on running a webcam during CQ WW SSB please send me the
URL by Sunday, October 22nd and I will compile all into one list and post to
CQ-CONTEST. Please let me know:
   -- Are there any special instructions to find the webcam on the web site?
   -- Will you have any special features? Real time score display, video,
audio?

Please reply direct with any information. I will compile and post on Monday,
October 23.

Scott Tuthill/K7ZO
k7zo@cableone.net