CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] K0DQ retiring

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] K0DQ retiring
From: "Paul Gentry" <Paul@k9pg.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 01:07:14 -0500
As many of you may know, and some may not, our very own K0DQ, known in the
real world as Vice Admiral John Scott Redd, U.S. Navy (Ret.),, was appointed
by President Bush to head the National Counterterrorism Center in August
2005.  For those of you 24 fans, he was basically Jack Bauer's boss.   I saw
a tidbit on the Fox News Channel the other day that he's retiring after 2+
years at that post and over 40 years of service to our country.

I would like to publicly thank him for the hard work he's done the past 2+
years heading up one of the most important governmental agencies we have,
and for the 40 years of service he's put in serving our great country and
protecting idiots like me.   Thank you Sir!   I think that every American
owes him a debt of gratitude as well.

He's undergoing double knee replacement surgery soon, which is one of the
reasons for his retirement, and I have no doubt that his knees will be able
to withstand him running a marathon before ya know it... as to whether the
rest of his body can withstand 26.2 miles of punishment, well.....

He's been away from contesting for the most part (at least I think he has
been) during his stint as head of the NCTC, so it will be great to hear him
back on the air once again!   Kind of gives me incentive to do the same
thing (get on the air, not head up the NCTC).  Hopefully we'll hear P40Q,
ZF2DQ... or whatever call he conjures up... on the air for many contests in
the coming years.

Enjoy your retirement Sir... if you make it to Dayton 2008, it will be my
pleasure to buy you dinner on Friday night at the Spaghetti Warehouse!

Paul K9PG