CQ-Contest

Re: [3830] [CQ-Contest] Average ages of contesters...

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>,"Minn Wireless Assn via W0AA" <MWA@w0aa.org>, <rtty@contesting.com>,<3830@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [3830] [CQ-Contest] Average ages of contesters...
From: Robert Chudek - KØRC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:13:22 -0500

I received a Top Ten log from a DXer who ran the JARTS RTTY contest. I am going
to analyze this information this week and post some of the findings. With this
larger dataset, I am sure the numbers will change.

For example, those supposedly "old fellows" over there in the United Kingdom
are really not 68.1 years on average. Preliminary investigate of this 2,000+
entry log reveals their average age to be 54.8 years.

My log was obviously biased. The only conclusion I can make is that the
seasoned "G" contesters are better at getting their signals into the upper
Midwest of the USA??? What is that old saying... "Age and wisdom triumph youth
and exuberance!" :-)

As I mentioned in my original message, I did this analysis "just for fun" and
the results will contain a lot of "bullet holes". In any case, I hope you enjoy
looking at some of these spreadsheets while you wait for the contest season to
begin.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN