CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] The Chosen

To: "'Alan M. Eshleman'" <doctore@well.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Chosen
From: "Stephen Bloom" <sbloom@acsalaska.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 11:58:49 -0900
FWIW (not much) ..and as someone who is only now taking SSB Contesting more
seriously ...

Noticed a whole lot of "Please Copy" in the RAC Contest from the Canadians
...it kinda goes with the whole politeness thing ...and ..I actually like it
in SS SSB ...My first big interest in this hobby was traffic handling ...led
to a few great years of operating at a ship to shore station ..and SS was
the first contest for a lot of us traffic handlers ..and the Q format is the
NTS Radiogram header.  Neither of these contests are ratefests ...so
...don't see the problem.

For the rate contests ...if we're running and working pileups ..I think we
get an instinct for who will be a quick snap Q ..and who will need a bit of
hand holding.  I just figure I'm grateful for the Q ...except on CW in the
rare case (like yesterday late in RAC) where someone literally can't send
their own callsign or the exchange the same way twice).

73
Steve KL7SB

p.s.  Alan ..I see you have a well.com email address ..were you a member of
the Well back when it was a real online community?