CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Power consumptioin question for Alpha amps

To: <paul@ve3sy.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Power consumptioin question for Alpha amps
From: "Tony Rogozinski" <foc1572@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:08:33 -0500
Thanks for all the responses to my inquiry - some very different opinions so
I'm still not sure of the correct answer.  Please be advised that the Alpha
76
series amps do not have taps for different input voltages - only 115/220V.
If they did that would certainly be an obvious and easy solution to the
problem

Any further suggestions appreciated.

73

                       Tony Rogozinski
       Amateur Radio W4OI - W4AMR - HK1AR
            LICENSED FOR OVER 50 YEARS
         EX-N7BG, K5LMJ, K4KES, WA6BOU,
       W6JPC W7HZF, F7BK, VP5AR, VQ9AR,
          OJ0/N7BG, CN2BG, 5V7BG, TY5AR
          9G5AR, TU/N7BG, ZC4BG, HK3KAV
                  HK0/HK1AR, et al............

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:29:02 -0500
From: "Paul Cassel " <paul@ve3sy.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Power consumption question
To: "'Tony Rogozinski'" <trogo@telegraphy.com>,
<cq-contest@contesting.com>

My ALPHA 87A manual shows taps on the primary to handle 200, 220 and 240vac
international requirements.

Paul VE3SY