CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Survey results - part 1

To: <john@kk9a.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Survey results - part 1
From: "Stephen Bloom" <sbloom@acsalaska.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 21:08:33 -0900
For me ..if it is someone I know well and vice versa it's  ..."thanks ..good
luck" or something like that ..otherwise ..it's "Thanks for Number 372"
...admittedly it gets weird when it is SSB SS or ARRL DX ....probably the
only time I've ever said "Thanks for New Jersey."

73
Steve KL7SB

From:   Mike Ritz <w7vo@comcast.net>
Date:   Sun, 20 Dec 2015 18:08:01 +0000 (UTC)

In CW and RTTY contests we all know the "TU" at the end is the
acknowledgement.
The nearest phone equivalent is probably "QSL", or "Good Luck", but I know a
lot, if not most of the big contesters acknowledge by moving quickly on to
the next callsign, or they call QRZ after your report, and offer no
acknowledgement. OK I get that. That said, I just about always use "Thank
you and good luck" for each phone QSO. Then again, I don't get the huge
pileups the Caribbean guys do, and I am not out for blood either.

Maybe we need some organized contests that only the exotic location / big
dollar/ big gun contest stations can enter, where QSO rate and therefore
brevity is ALL that matters. They can just work each other so the rest of us
don't get in their way and slow their rate.

73;

Mike, W7VO