CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Improving the Fabulous CQ 160 Contest

To: <phriendly1@yahoo.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Improving the Fabulous CQ 160 Contest
From: "Felipe J Hernandez" <fhdez@islandnetjm.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 11:01:35 -0400
Julius,

Got some direct messages regarding the local qos parties and they are very
insightful, it looks like those have been succesful
which is great particularly if they can attract new local talent.

Obvioulsy regarding international hf activities, every country will have its
own view of success.. so It would be unfair
from me to think different from US qso parties vs regional or country wide
contests(international).

God knows that contesting growth lately has come in it mayority from
international operators..
Oh well.. things have a way to sort themselves and Im sure theres a reason
behind all those activities.

If I come to think about what I like the most about contests is the camaraderie
and the high spirits behind operators and dxpeditions. I think thats a mayor
motivation behind contests.. maybe thats what keeps alive the small activities.

I will love to have some smaller cqww's 12/24 versions during the year.. that
will fire more competition.

Felipe
np4z