CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] LOCK X - 403A

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LOCK X - 403A
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 18:23:15 -0000
I must make one comment regarding the email below.

There are many multi-op stations that use more than one station on a band.
This allows them to interleave other QSOs in with the running station.

In the CQ WW DX Contest, running on two frequencies on the same band at the
same time is prohibited by rule.

IX.7. Only one signal on a band is allowed at any time. When two or more
transmitters are present on the same band, a hardware device MUST be used to
prevent more than one signal at any one time. Alternating CQs on two or more
frequencies on a band is not permitted.

Tools for station automation are great. Read the contest rules carefully
before you decide how to use some of these tools.  Not all contests treat
dual CQing in the same way.

Randy, K5ZD