CQ-Contest

SS CW Score de KF3P

Subject: SS CW Score de KF3P
From: TYLERSTEWART@delphi.com (TYLERSTEWART@delphi.com)
Date: Fri Nov 12 02:15:34 1993
SS CW Single Op High Power Score from MDC

1265 Q's - 75 Sections = 189,750 points

80 was HOT on east coast...high bands NOT!

CU on Phone!

Tyler, KF3P
/ex

From: k2mm@MasPar.COM (John Zapisek) (John Zapisek)
Subject: Two-Edged SprINT Busts

Charlie, Alan, and all you other Internet SprINTers:  This note explains
some of the rationale behind "two-edged scoring".  It also asks that you
include in your log's comments any notes about mis-sent names or numbers.

> [K2MM]  The name Alan survived OK for six QSOs.  It was correctly received
> by KD5PJ on the sixth hop.  On the seventh hop, KD5PJ worked K6XO who
> recorded Max in his log. . . .

> [Charlie/KD5PJ]  I need to come clean here.  I fouled this up. . . .
> I panicked.  I sent Max to K6XO.

If you know you sent the wrong name, please say so in your log's comments.
The log-checking software assumes you sent the name previously received,
but it can handle the odd exception.  So far, we have allowed credit for
QSOs with the wrong sent-name or sent-number -- provided they are clearly
indicated and not excessive.  Remember that this averts wrongfully busting
not just your QSO, but the other op's as well.

> [Alan/K6XO]  . . . this points up the scenario where if either station
> makes an error, the scores of both stations suffer.  Not a fair way to
> assess operator performance and accuracy, in my opinion.

Note to Alan:  The two-edged bust rule works in your favor in this case.
Charlie's log says he sent you Alan.  Your log says you received Max.  With
classical scoring, *your* QSO would be busted for mis-copying Alan, but
Charlie would suffer no penalty.  It assumes (wrongly) that sending and
logging errors do not occur, just receiveing errors.  With two-edged
scoring, Charlie also pays the price for mis-logging the sent name.  This
gives him more incentive to correctly log the QSO, thereby reducing the odds
of your suffering a wrongful bust.

I think this makes sense.  73.  --John/K2MM

From: Takao Kumagai <je1cka@asuka.aerospace-lab.go.jp> (Takao Kumagai)
Subject: Should any ops call not be appeard on any other logs?

re:PJ1B's M/S operation

I've never imagine those kind of operation technique so far.
These operations are legal in most countries and ok in PJ land.
Does CQ WW rule prohibit this clearly? No I don't think so.
So this N3ED/PJ4 operation with PJ1B might not be considered as
M/M? But this operation is in the gray zones between M/S & M/M.
Did any other M/S station do this? Is this never tried?

Will you fellow contesters accept this from the view of M/S ethic?
I say "NO".
I strongly recommend to add one comment in CQ WW rule that;
*Any operators' callsign would not be appeared on anyone's log.

I heard that M/S or M/M operators did work the M/S or M/M stations
for their multiplier. for example at KH0AM m/m, AH0K is one of the
ops and he can work KH0AM using KH0AM's equipments for KH0AM's multi
with his AH0K callsign.
It is impossible to get the own country mult while you are the
only one station in that country but I've never did this at KH0AM.
If this has been widely accepted ever, PJ1B technique will be accepted.
I feel there is no difference between two cases(PJ1B and KH0AM)
This might be discussed at the CQ WW Contest Committee.
(I believe most contest committee members are e-mail accessible
and reading this reflecter. So now the time Bob?)

I saw the comment in some (yes some not one) M/M stations operating
guide that;
If you got a call from the stations which be other bands multi, you
should requst hir to move the bands for mult.
But do this only when you are called. (or something like that)

Tack KUMAGAI
JE1CKA/KH0AM
One of the crazy contesters in the risingsun country.

From: Jim Reisert AD1C  12-Nov-1993 1021 <reisert@wrksys.enet.dec.com> (Jim
Reisert AD1C 12-Nov-1993 1021)
Subject: new MERGE for CT Version 8

[The original bounced, hope this copy makes it OK]

  Ken just put a new MERGE.ZIP on the CT BBS (508-460-8877).  This has both
  MERGE.EXE and MERGE386.EXE.  The new MERGE is compatible with CT version 8.
  Previous versions of MERGE (even those that were distributed on the version
  8 disks) would only really work with .BIN files created with CT version 7.

  As a reminder, MERGE.EXE can run on any computer 8086-80486, while MERGE386
  can run on only 80386 and above machines.  It does not matter which kind of
  computer created the .BIN file, the .BIN file format is the same whether
  you're using CT86.EXE, CT286.EXE or CT386.EXE.

  73 - Jim AD1C

From: george fremin iii <geoiii@wixer.bga.com> (george fremin iii)
Subject: cw ss scores

11-12   1548z