CQ-Contest

W4ETO

Subject: W4ETO
From: JKAHRS@delphi.com (JKAHRS@delphi.com)
Date: Sat May 25 15:37:12 1996
On 23-MAY-1996 19:21:41.0 ik0hbn said to JKAHRS
   > Thanks for spending time reading this message....
   > I am looking for the E-MAIL of W4ETO. In the summary appared on the
   > reflector few weeks ago, inherent to AMPLIFIERS, Brian gave for W4eto
   > address the following : jkahrs@delphi.com , but it seems an
   >error..nobody answers from there....
   > If you have a fix for that, please mail direct to me.
   > Thank you....ciao Sante

Sante,

This is message number 2 concerning my e-mail address.

I am Hank Kahrs, K2UVG, jkahrs@delphi.com and NOT W4ETO or any way connected
with ETO.  Brian did NOT give the address for ETO, you just assumed it was.
I had commented on my ETO 91B and made reference to Ray Heaton and you
thought I was Ray.

I cannot help you with an e-mail address for ETO  or W4ETO or Ray Heaton.

73, Hank/K2UVG
jkahrs@delphi.com

From: pgerba@crl.com (Peter Gerba) (Peter Gerba)
Subject: License Testing Requirements

Hi Ed;

Our local VE group (Berkeley, CA) see a number of "No Code" failures at
each test session.  I think most retest until they pass.

pete, kn6bi
pgerba@crl.com

From: KR2Q@worldnet.att.net (Douglas Zwiebel) (Douglas Zwiebel)
Subject: testing Q&A

Recently SOMEONE said:
>If you are given the book, with all the questions, and all the answers,
>who can't pass[?].

Gee...when I took my GENERAL (1966) and ADVANCED test exams, I used the ARRL
license manual which had ALL THE QUESTIONS and ALL THE ANSWERS.  Hmmmm.....

de Doug  KR2Q@worldnet.att.net

From: kr4dl@mindspring.com (Steven R. Schmidt) (Steven R. Schmidt)
Subject: 1000MP and CT

I spent this morning reworking my com ports and trying to get CT to
interface with the rig; no luck.  I changed to port 1, irq 4 for the radio
control, set the comtsr1 for 4800 baud, 8n2, and the "CAT" light on the rig
just blinks non-stop.  Works fine with DXBase..is anyone else using the
1000MP with CT interfaced?  I'm getting frustrated.
73,  Steve  KR4DL (no longer 26)

From: fgrisafi@mbox.vol.it (Fabio - IT9GSF) (Fabio - IT9GSF)
Subject: CONTEST VIDEOS

Hello Guys !

I wish to edit a 30 minutes video and a short video clip about contest stations
without business purpouses.

I work in the Italian TV (RAI) as a producer and I can edit all the standards
with a non linear computer editing line...so no problem with NTSC or PAL.

Please, send to my address your videos...I'll put them in a 30 minutes film that
I'm building. You will receive a copy of the final video.

I tried to do likewise some years ago....but I putted the announcement in the
BBS network and received an answer only from the big contest station PA3COM.
I need
many cassettes to do a real good job and I believe that the cq-contest
mailing list
will work better !

I prefere BETACAM cassettes but VHS are also OK if of good quality.

73s and have good DX from IT9GSF/IG9A (1st world highclaimed score CQWW SSB
40 MTS).

ES CU FROM IG9 ON 1996 CQWWs !

Fabio.

My Address: Fabio Grisafi, IT9GSF - via Ferrari Orsi 85 - 90123 PALERMO - ITALY

From: va3wto@pathcom.com (VA3WTO,Rui) (VA3WTO,Rui)
Subject: Ameriton AL-1200 Mod info.

Hello dear friend`s,AL-1200 USER`S,please i do need info on wow to mod. the
AL-1200 to get the 10/12 meter`s operating,i just got the amp and once a
open to install the transformer and tube,i will like to do that
modefication,because other way i will have to rght to ameritron and request
for the info paper`s and that can take 3 week`s,well my intention is to get
all job done at once.
Tank you in advance for any info.
73 de Rui.
           VA3WTO                                  Email: va3wto@pathcom.com
    / / /  Rui Wittwer                             Phone:416 656-5728
   / / /   307 Caledonia rd
  \ / /    Toronto Ontario      VA3WTO is a member of the VA3SK contest team
 / \ /     M6E-4T4 Canada       please call us at the major Contests
/ /|\
 / /
/ /|
 / |
/  |

From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson) (David L. Thompson)
Subject: 160 meter Contest Certificates status

I am working on the 1995 Cq WW 160 certificates and have about 30% complete.
Have patience.

We have gotten paid for 16 plaques so if you sponsor a plaque and have not
sent your $40 to Nancy NK4U please do so now!   Several sponsors are
dropping out so will need volunteers to fill their sponsorship.  These are
mainly zone awards or continent awards.

I will show the top 80 scores on both modes regardless of class for 1996
claimed scores.  I am also listing the top 5 clubs claimed scores, too.
This will go to CQ next Tiuesday for August 1996 CQ print.

I have this file in Microsoft Works (planning to move to ACCESS next year),
ASCII and WordPerfect 5.1 and am looking for the best way to put on the
several web pages.  Any help is appreciated.   Probably Ascii text.

73, Dave K4JRB
CQ WW 160 Contest Diorector

From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid) (Jim Reid)
Subject: TO IARU FASC

From: aa7bg@initco.net (AA7BG Matt Trott) (AA7BG Matt Trott)
Subject: Dayton

>4. Be nice to new guys, or we'll all run out of people to work.

 ...and that ain't all!

I sure hope all you old guys are getting your exercise and watching your
diets or us young bucks (37 years old) may also run out of people to work.
AA7BG                      aa7bg@3rivers.net                Matt Trott