CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW Percentage

To: "'Lee Buller'" <k0wa@swbell.net>, "'CQcontest Reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW Percentage
From: "David Levine" <david@levinecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:53:18 -0500
Before I throw out my stats, a bit of explanation might help. I'm a newer
ham who has been on HF less then 1 year. Over this past summer I started
contesting and specifically RTTY contesting. So I have a good amount of QSOs
related to contests and RTTY contesters are excellent at using LoTW.

Here are my LoTW stats:

Total QSOs: 4,896
Total confirmed on LoTW: 2,336
% confimed: 48 %

Hopefully the rudimentary tables below come through in the email ok and the
mailing list doesn't botch up the presentation.

Mode   QSOs  QSLs  Percent
RTTY     3281  1881   57%
USB       669   193   28%
LSB       610   181   29%
CW        219    24   11%
PSK31      69    30   43%
PSK125   48    27   56%

By location:
Location QSOs  QSLs  Percent
US       2805  1717    61%
DX       2091   619    30%

So my stats seem to indicate that digital mode contacts are more likely to
use LoTW and that US stations are far more likely to use LoTW.

David - K2DSL