CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] 6m marathon

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 6m marathon
From: "Ari Korhonen" <ari.korhonen@kolumbus.fi>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:02:07 +0200
I was asked to relay this. Pse questions to OH3WW (addr. below)

Ari, OH5DX

The Six Meters Marathon 2004

OH3AG invites you to participate into the first Global Six Meters Marathon. The
objective of the Marathon is to work as many DXCC countries as possible between
May 8th, 2004 at 00.00 UTC and August 8th, 2004 at 24.00 UTC on six meters
band. The results of this contest will be published during Tampere Six Meters
Forum on August 14th when the Magic Band enthusiasts abroad will meet. You can
follow this contest on line at www.50mc.tk .

Rules

1. The Six Meters Marathon 2004 is open to all amateur radio operators world
wide.

2. The objective of the contest is to activate the use of six meters band.

3. This contest will have a continuing follow up at www.50mc.tk where stations
are listed
according the worked DXCC countries.

4. Time: May 8th, 2004 at 00.00 UTC - August 8th, 2004 at 24.00 UTC.

5. Classes (only single operator - no multi operator participation):

a) World (unlimited top 20)
b) Africa
c) Asia
d) Europe
e) North America
f) Oceania
g) South America
h) Finland

There will be own listing on our web site for each class like for Class H
(Finland):
OH3SIX 47. The world class list is collected from continental lists.

6 All modes are permitted.

7 We ask participants to update their number of worked countries to Contest
Director Hannu Saila OH3WW at marathon@saila.org.

Your updating must include following information:
- Your call + number of worked DXCC countries (like OH3SIX 47)
- List of the worked new countries including the date and the time of the
contact
e.g. OJ0VR 06.6. 13.01 (OJ0VR wkd on sixth of June at 13.01 UTC)

Updates will show up on the web site every second week.

Paper logs are not accepted. The contest governance will happen over the
Internet.

8. The trophy winners will be published on August 14th , 2004 at Tampere Six
meters Forum and next day on our web site www.50mc.tk .

Hannu Säilä - Muurainkorventie 17, 33470 Ylöjärvi, FINLAND
http://www.saila.org