CQ-Contest

GB5HQ IARU Score

Subject: GB5HQ IARU Score
From: /G=LAWLEYD/S=LAWLEY/PRMD=IBMMAIL/ADMD=IBMX400/C=GB/@mhs-relay.ac.uk (/G=LAWLEYD/S=LAWLEY/PRMD=IBMMAIL/ADMD=IBMX400/C=GB/@mhs-relay.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 11 13:08:28 1994

IARU Radiosport Contest

GB5HQ  - RSGB headquarters station. CW only.

         QSOs   Mults
160        53     14
 80        55     12
 40       203     29
 20       901     48
 15       229     39
 10        22     10
         ====    ===
         1463    153       Total 829,160

1) As it turned out, no other ops were available so this was a single op
effort and only 16 hours operation was possible. 80m was probably the
band which suffered most from lack of time. Apologies.

2) GB5HQ is a real pig to send on CW. G6HHQ (and others) are likely to receive
a few QSLs! Decided to stay with 180+ rates for the first three hours rather
than fix the keying interface. Once fixed, having the computer send the
call made things much easier. Didn't S&P much as very few people could
copy the call correctly the first time. Fortunately my popularity as a
mult meant there was little need to S&P.

3) Tree is right, more than one beam was needed on 20m. I only have one
at present. JA and W are spaced 90 degrees apart from here, and beaming
half way between the two made me uneasy.

Dave G4BUO

From: alan@dsd.es.com (Alan Brubaker) (Alan Brubaker)
Subject: IARU HF Championship

K6XO (+ KI7WX)  Multi-op.

Band   QSOs   Zones   HQs
160CW    5      4
 80CW   15      7      1
 80SSB  27
 40CW   65     15      3
 40SSB   3
 20CW  196     31     14
 20SSB 318
 15CW   43     20      1
 15SSB  47
 10SSB   5      1

Total  724     78     19        219 K points.

Time of operation:  17 hours.

15 meters opened marginally into Europe but we never heard any JA.
20 meters was excellent most of the time, but we had a very good
opening into Europe late Saturday evening. 10 meters was nearly
non-existent - a few marginal openings toward the southeast.
80 and 160 were noisy as was expected. 40 was fairly good - even
worked a few Europeans and a VQ9 called me.

Alan, K6XO

alan@dsd.es.com

High solar fluxes are for wimps...

From: Willy Umanets <uw9ar@chal.chel.su> (Willy Umanets)
Subject: No subject

UA9BA IARU '94
Single op, mixed mode

band   QSO   POINTS  ITU  HQ  MULT
160      2       6     2        2
80      74     344    10  11   21
40     225    1043    22  14   36
20    1051    5109    39  18   57
15     269    1253    23  13   36
10       8      32     5   3    8
      1629    7787   101  59  160
 Final score = 1.245.920

Comments: serious contesting is fun, even though you know you
          ain't gonna be the winner.

---
73, Willy, UA9BA
JV "Challenger Ltd"                 phone : 351-260-0190
Internet : uw9ar@chal.chel.su       fax   : 351-237-1756