CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Web Poll (Signal reports yes/no)

To: 'John Geiger' <n5ten@yahoo.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Web Poll (Signal reports yes/no)
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 07:35:07 -0600
You're right signal reports are subjective to a degree.  If there are no
true or false then why do we give signal reports out at all?  What is
the point?
A 59 report, with or without a S meter, is supposed to mean the signal
is perfectly readable and extremely strong.
Refer to the chart:  http://www.radioing.com/hamstart/rst.html

Doug

"Those Island days are always on my mind,
Someday I'm going to leave it all behind."