CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] NSL Ladder V Session 4 This week

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NSL Ladder V Session 4 This week
From: hounds1234@comcast.net (Bill Haddon - n6zfo)
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 03:21:38 +0000
Ok. WPX SSB is done, time to bring out the key and resume competition in
session #4 of the NS Ladder competition on Thursday night.

Great time to join in if you're new to NS Ladder, the Thursday night snappy
NCCC Sprint-like cumulative score CW competition on 20-160m CW.  Consult
www.ncccsprint.com for details.

Participation has been great this year, with an average of 30 3830 score
reports in the first 3 weeks.

New to NS Ladder and uneasy about the fast speeds?  We have the answer:
participate in Mike, W9RE's SNS, or Slow NCCC Sprint 30 mins prior to the half
hour NS session.  So SNS starts at 1900 Pacific Daylight time Thursday in NA,
0200Z Friday around 14040, 7040 and maybe a little on 3540.  Then stick around
for the main event commencing at 1930 PDST, or 0230-0300Z Friday,  on these
frequencies plus 160 m around 1815.

Many participants say NS Ladder is the most fun they have in ham radio
contesting.  A great chance to work some of the very high profile contesters in
a friendly, supportive environment.  There will now be 3 NS Ladder events in
succession followed by a one week pause to catch your breath or put up a new
killer antenna.

And be sure to check posted results for sessions 1-3 at
http://www.ncccsprint.com/results.htm
Steve, N9CK has a just-comfortable lead over Howie N4AF in our East of Ms. R
Division, but with K9BGL in hot pursuit.
One of our most loyal NS LAdder competitors, Bob, W0BH has a solid lead in the
W. of Ms. R. Div, and of course Ken, N6RO dominates the NCCC division.  For the
Newcomers, so far just a warmup toward awards with Kelly VE4XT in the lead. But
there's two others with higher average scores than Kelly, so still good to jump
in.

73 Bill N6ZFO/6
NCCC Sprint Ladder
Contest Director