CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] wideband receivers and contesting

To: "Tod -ID" <tod@k0to.us>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] wideband receivers and contesting
From: rt_clay@bellsouth.net
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 20:09:00 +0000
Yes, these ideas kind of fall into "enhanced bandscope" ideas. But is a
computer telling you if a band is open (without you ever listening there)
"assisted"? I could  get that same information from a packet network.

 As a followup:

4) If #3 works (ID'ing stations who are cqing based on them keeping a constant
frequency), then:
Need to find a frequency to call cq on? Just ask the software to list the
biggest "holes" between cq'ing stations. Push a button to go to the middle of
the clearest hole and call cq. Now that would be useful! :)

Tor
N4OGW
  -------------- Original message from "Tod -ID" <tod@k0to.us>: --------------