CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] CW abbreviations

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW abbreviations
From: Robert Chudek - KØRC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 14:49:42 -0600
Okay Mike... great idea... I was going to jump in line behind you and grab the
letter "E" but I see Paul, VO1HE snapped it up before I could. See... these new
cut data blocks ARE effective at speeding things along!

So... what's a guy to do?

I'm registering the inter-element space for my callsign. So if you don't hear
anything calling you, it's probably me.

<begin_listen_period>

<end_listen_period>

- - - - - - - - -
Message: 2
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 10:22:35 -0700
From: "Mike Fatchett" <mike@mallardcove.com>
To: "'David Pruett'" <k8cc@comcast.net>, 'Jos? Nunes CT1BOH'
<ct1boh@gmail.com>
Cc: cq-contest@contesting.com

Then I believe it will be the responsibility of the ARRL to publish the
official cut list so that all may have an opportunity to convert what is
sent to what should have been sent.

Punishing a station for copying what is sent is just wrong whether you or
the ARRL dictates it or not!  How is a casual op supposed to know all the
cut number abbreviations?  Wouldn't it be easier for the ARRL and log
checkers to include the possible translations in the log checking routine?

I think the ARRL is completely wrong on this one.

I am making it official that T is now the cut abbreviation for W0MU.  I will
be registering it with all appropriate registration entities.  I guess I
will have to send my call at least once every 10 mins for FCC regs but other
than that if you hear T calling it is me.