CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Strange cable lengths

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Strange cable lengths
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Sat Feb 23 19:17:00 2002
Marco,

I modeled the scheme described in the link the Bill provided. When
you add the additional 50/75 ohm transformers on the antenna side,
the match gets much better (VSWR_ant = VSWR_ shack). I suspect
you may still pay a VSWR bandwidth penalty by using this scheme, but
I 'll have to do some additional modelling to confirm that. Sounds like
your friend only described half the system. It works much better with
the lines on both ends.

73 de Mike, W4EF............