CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] KP2MM Disqualified in ARRL CW 2012

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KP2MM Disqualified in ARRL CW 2012
From: "Dan Violette" <danki6x@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 11:11:49 -0700
The rule 3.1 from the ARRL regarding operating under your own privileges
regardless of control operator covers multi-ops too not just single-op.  I
may agree in a single-op, but not in a multi-op with a proper control
operator.  No FCC or third party problems, just ARRL rule problem.  Third
party problems come in if you have an unlicensed operating.  I had the beef
20 years ago regarding letting generals work SSB DX in the Advanced/Extra
bands under Extra control in a multi-op situation.  We could not until the
rule was changed for 1-2 years in the ARRL DX contest and then it came back.
Don't think the general rule was ever changed.  This was about 1994.

Dan KI6X